|Privacy & Confidentiality Statement||
Hoops Privacy & Confidentiality Statement
Hoops takes your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about our privacy and confidentiality policy.
- This policy covers how Hoops treats personal information that Hoops collects and receives, including information related
to your past use of Hoops products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable
like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Hoops does not own or control, or to people that Hoops does
not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Hoops collects personal information when contact Hoops, purchase a product(s) or service(s) from Hoops, when you visit
Hoops pages or the pages of certain Hoops partners, and when you enter special promotions or sweepstakes offered by Hoops or
its partners. Hoops may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation,
industry, and personal interests. For some products and services we may also ask for your address, credit card or payment
information. Once you register with Hoops and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Hoops collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information
about your use the Hoops construction contractor network.
- Hoops automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address,
Hoops cookie information, and the page you request.
- Hoops uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill
your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting
for internal and external clients.
- When a child under age 13 attempts to register with Hoops, we ask that he or she have a parent or guardian provide
- Hoops will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes without a parent's permission.
- Hoops does not ask a child under age 13 for more personal information, as a condition of participation, than is reasonably
necessary to participate in a given activity or promotion.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Hoops does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to
provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Hoops to complete the delivery of
products and services. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent's permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 13. Parents have the
option of allowing Hoops to collect and use their child's information without consenting to Hoops sharing of this
information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes;
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend
against legal claims;
- We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal
activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of
- We transfer information about you if Hoops is acquired by or merged with another company. In this event, Hoops will
- Hoops displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may
assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, men ages 35-50
from a particular geographic area.
- Hoops does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad.
However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the
\assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Hoops advertisers include product manufacturers and other companies (such as stores, service providers, construction
- Hoops may set and access Hoops cookies on your computer.
,li>Hoops lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer.
Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies
do not have access to Hoops's cookies.
- Hoops uses web beacons to access Hoops cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with
Hoops products and services.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact
with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal
information about you.
- In certain areas Hoops uses industry-standard SSLencryption to protect data transmissions.
- Hoops may update this policy. We will update this page with any changes as they occur. Policy changes will apply
only to information collected after the date of the change. This policy was last modified on December 8, 2002.
Questions about our Policies
- We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please contact us with any and all feedback
pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.